Friday, December 30, 2011

Top 5 Series of 2011

Can you believe there's only 1 more day left in 2011? I can't! This year has been amazing in every aspect, whether it was books of 2011, movies of 2011, or just plain life in 2011! I'm sure that this is a year I will never forget. So before we're off the ship and settle down on a new path in 2012, I'd like to recognize some of my favorite book series of this year.  It's definitely hard to put a number and an order on these series, because they are just all plain amazing!

5
The cover for Pretty Little Liars #12 hasn't been released yet!
 The Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard
All I can say is WOW. These books are so freaking amazing. No joke. I love this series so much I read all 8 books in one week. There's 4 more books in the series also (Twisted #9, Ruthless #10, Stunning #11), which is why this qualifies as a 2011 series. Ruthless (#10) just came out recently this year. I feel bad for putting this series in as #5, if this was a Top 5 mystery series then these books would definitely be up top. But I feel like there's other series out there that beat this one. 
4
Sorry, the sequels to this book's covers aren't released yet!
The Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi
 Oh my. This book was amazing, I can't believe I have to wait so long to read the next one! This is the first book in the series and it was totally amazing. Shatter Me brought a whole new concept and a beautiful style of writing that I absolutely adored. This series cannot be missed out on. 

3
I think there will be a 3rd addition to this series, who's cover hasn't been released yet either!
The Unearthly series by Cynthia Hand
My oh my. I can never stop ranting about how much I loved this book. I always have to say, TUCKER <3 TUCKER <3 TUCKER <3. This book was absolutely amazing. The next book in the series (Hallowed) comes out on January 17th!!! So exciting!!! I know I was a little tired of angels when I read the summary of this book, but don't be hesitant like I was, this book is to die for!
2
Requiem's cover hasn't been released yet!
The Delirium series by Lauren Oliver
This book is one of my absolute favorite books of all time. Delirium took me into a new world and atmosphere that I'd never been to before. It made me laugh, cry (especially cry) and swoon all over it. The next book in the series (Pandemonium) doesn't come out until March (HOW THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO WAIT THAT LONG???). I don't know how much I have to tell you guys to go read this book, because you will definitely fall in love with it! 
1
Divergent #3's cover hasn't been released yet! 
The Divergent series by Veronica Roth
Ah, here we are at number one. Divergent has to be the most awesome book ever. The characters, the plot, the setting, EVERYTHING in this book was just plain amazing. I was a little hesitant about picking this one up also when I first heard about it (I don't know what I was thinking) but Divergent turned out to go beyond my expectations and leave me totally blown away by the end of the book. The second book in the series comes out in May, hopefully I can land an ARC before then!  
Well, there you have it, my Top 5 favorite book series of this year! I probably left out so many series that I adore and love, but these are definitely my top 5. To make it on this list, you had to be a 5 star rated book, and all of these were. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series for all of them! So what books are you guys obsessing over this year???


2 comments:

  1. Hey, I was looking through your blog and noticed at the bottom of each of your posts is a gadget that says "posts you may also like" with images of the different posts. I was wondering how I could get the same kind of thing on my blog? Thanks for your help! -Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Olivia! You just have to go here: http://www.linkwithin.com/learn?ref=
    If it doesn't work just let me know but I think it should

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...