Friday, June 17, 2011

Deadly Little Games

Hello all, unfortunately, I have to say, I just finished Deadly Little Games, and I did not like it... Shocking, right? Here's the review, where I'll tell you about exactly what I didn't like.

Camelia and Ben have discovered a powerful bond: They both possess the power of psychometry, the ability to sense things through touch. For Ben, the gift is a frightening liability. When he senses a strong threat or betrayal, he risks losing control and hurting people. Camelia's gift is more mysterious. When she works with clay, her hands sculpt messages her mind doesn't yet comprehend.
Before either teen has a chance to fully grasp these abilities, an unresolved family tragedy resurfaces in Camelia's life, irrevocably changing everything she cares about...
Ok, first of all, I'm getting really annoyed with both Ben and Camelia. In every single chapter it was a different story. First they were together, next they needed some time, then they were together again, and then they needed some time. Seriously, MAKE UP YOUR MINDS ALREADY! It was really annoying. Second, the plot was the exact same as the past two books. It's like everything goes in the same order. I had to stop myself from just skipping to the last page to see who the stalker was, because I was honestly bored. Laure Faria Stolarz failed to wow me as she did in her past two books, and I think it's just the repetition. Also, the ending left me completely and utterly mad, I am very mad at Camelia right now. But that's beside the point. The book wasn't exciting, at least, not too much. The first two books were great, but now it's just getting boring. I already know what's going to happen. Well, kind of. Camelia and Ben, like I said before, can't make up their minds about their relationship and that's what's annoying me the most. I just didn't get this book at all, I felt like there was a lot of things Stolarz could have left out and a lot of things she could have included. So overall, not that great of a read for me. 

This book deserves...
THREE STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...