Thursday, June 9, 2011

Deadly Little Lies

Hi there, Saba here. I just finished Deadly Little Lies, by Laurie Fauria Stolarz, the second book of the Touch books and I really liked it! Then again, isn't that what I say about all books??? Anyways, here's your review and summary of the book. (I really need to stop using the word, anyways.)
Last fall, sixteen-year-old Camelia fell for Ben, the mysterious new boy at school who turned out to have a very mysterious gift--pyschometry, the ability to sense the future through touch. But just as Camelia and Ben's romance began to heat up, he abruptly left town. Brokenhearted, Camelia has spent the last few months studying everything she can about psychometry, and experiencing her own strange brushes with premonition. Camelia wonders if Ben's abilities have somehow rubbed off on her. Can the power of psychometry be transferred?
Even once Ben returns to school, Camelia can't get close enough to share her secret with him. Despite the romantic tension between them, Ben remains aloof, avoiding contact. Then when an unexpected kiss leads to a frightening argument, Camelia makes the painful decision to let Ben go and move on. Adam, the hot new guy at work, seems good for her in ways Ben wasn't. Adam is easygoing, and seems to really care about her.
But when Camelia and Adam start dating, a surprising love triangle results. A chilling sequence of events upturns secrets from Ben's past--and Adam's. Someone is lying, and it’s up to Camelia to figure out who—before it’s too late.
So I've decided to be a little more picky about my book review star giving statuses, (if that makes any sense), so before I even get to the review, I'm gonna say this book gets a 4/5 stars, because only mind blowing, beautiful, amazing, heart-warming books that I ABSOLUTELY love, deserve a 5 star, soooo ya.
Anyways, (darn it I said it again!), my guess for who the stalker was in this book was way way off, well, sort of. But off all the same. Camelia was an interesting character, sometimes annoying with the choices she made, but still a good character. I guess her mistakes made her seem more real. The book was so exciting though, I have to say! I couldn't set it down. It was kind of scary at parts, which I loved, because it made it so much more real when I was sitting in the dark in the middle of the night reading it. And at other parts, it was so funny, because Cam and her friends were totally hilarious at times. I think the book was really well thought out, I could never write anything that made the pieces fall together as easy as that. That's some talented writing right there. Mostly, I was never bored with the book, which is good, although I did find some errors in the book, just some mistakes in editing, no biggie. The ending really surprised me, I didn't think that that certain person would be the stalker. Overall, the book was exciting, funny, scary, and pretty much an amazing read. You gotta read it!
Stars: 4
Status: Must Read

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...