Sunday, May 8, 2011

Pretties

Wow, I haven't been on here in forever, have I??? Well, I did just finish Pretties by Scott Westerfield! So here's the review.
Tally Youngblood is finally a pretty. Everything around her is bubbly and life is totally amazing. She has her best friend, Shay, and her boyfriend. What could go wrong?
Everything.
Things changed in Tally's life when she finds a letter addressed to her and written from her which said that being a pretty wasn't all that good. No, being a pretty gives you brain damage, it kills you from the inside. Tally doesn't want to believe it, but there she is, her ugly self, writing a letter to her pretty self saying that she should take the two pills that give you the cure. Once Tally and her boyfriend take the pills, everything changes. It's no longer "bubbly" to be a pretty. It's an absolute lie. Being pretty was never safe. Now Tally has to make a choice, stay in Pretty Town and believe that nothing is wrong, or run away and go back to the Smokies,
      and save the life of all pretties.
This book was sooooo good! I liked it a lot! I'd already read the first book, Uglies, which was good too but it was such a long time ago I don't really remember much about it. I was hoping that everything would be solved by the end of the book, but I guess that can't happen since there's two more books in the series. The book was really interesting and captured you from the very beginning. There was a lot of things I didn't expect to happen and left my mouth hanging open. I can't wait to read the next book!
Tally was so independent and caring about all her friends. She ran into so much trouble and made a lot of mistakes but still, through all that she only became a better person. Now that's a lot of character development. Overall, if you have or even haven't read any Scott Westerfield, this book would be a good read for you!
Stars: 5
Status: Must Read 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...