Thursday, December 30, 2010

Ruined

This book is ok, I have to say. But I didn't really like, but since I realized I haven't done any reviews on books I don't like I decided to do it. So here ya go. This book is by Paula Morris.
The last thing on Rebecca's mind was to go to New Orleans and live with her strange aunt, its not that she was strange really, she was just obsessed with voodoo. Rebecca's aunt warns her not to go into the cemetery outside their house, but when your told not to do something, well, its really tempting to go and do it. So Rebecca sneaks out one night and see's a girl who helps her avoid the group of popular people who were hanging out in the cemetery. Soon Rebecca finds out that the girl, Lisette, wasn't just any girl, she was a ghost. Rebecca soon goes out to the cemetery to see Lisette and listens to her story. Then she finds out about Lisette's death and what it has to do with one of the most popular girls at school. I read this book a while ago so I don't really remember much more, but this was an ok book like I said.
What annoyed me most was that the book was written in third person. I don't know why that bothered me but it did, I have read very good books in 3rd person like The Body Finder and Wings, but this one just didn't appeal to me very well. Other than that I found the book kind of boring until the very end when everything was solved, so I kind of forced myself to finish it thinking, It's going to get better, I guess it did, but only in the very end.

Stars: 2.5
Status: If you wanna read it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...