Thursday, December 30, 2010

Wings

I didn't really think I would like this book. I mean, come one, faeries? Totally childish. But boy was I wrong, I really really really loved this book! So much that I read it in one day, something I never do with books because I always get bored with them. But this book was amazing! The author of it is Aprilynne Pike and she also has the 3rd book in the series coming out in a couple months.
Laurel is a new student in Crecent City, she hated it. Most of it at least, until a guy walks up to her and introduces himself. That's when everything starts. Laurel becomes better and better friends with the guy, David, and soon she wonders if they're something even more. Then she notices a strange bump on her back, the next week the bump is gone but it is replaced by petals. That's right, huge giant petals that grow out of her back. Once she figures this out she goes back to her old house and into the land that her mother wants to sell, there she meets Tamani, who develops some feelings for her. Tamani tells her who she really is, or more, what she is. Laurel finds out some shocking secrets and with the help of David, go on an adventure trying to save her mother's land. I can't tell you more, it would give away too much. But as stupid as this sounds, YOU HAVE TO READ IT
I really liked David, he was really nice. And I liked Laurel too, I can't really tell you why but I liked everyone in this story. It was just that good. Anyways, this amazing amazing book is a MUST MUST read because it will make you want more. I swear I hated it when I finished it because I didn't want it to end, that's how good it was.
Stars: 5 out of 5
Status: MUST MUST READ!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...